Quit........when you are behind!

My 3 year old grandson has greater application skills.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by jwp475

I think you are calling hydraulic pressure a pressure wave. Either way that is a part of the of the case of the wound channel the other part is the amount of direct crushed tissue. The factors that create a wound channel are the amount of direct applied force, the amount of momentum transfered, the amount hydraulic pressure.

A pressure wave is a more precise description. It's a sudden increase in pressure in the tissue, not just the water content of the tissue, and this pressure increase propagates through the tissue. Direct applied force and momentum transfer are redundant, as force is equal to the rate of momentum transfer, but I agree that the wound channel is determined by the amount of applied force and the extent to which that force propagates through the tissue as a pressure wave.

Momentum is mass x velocity, whereas kinetic energy uses the square of velocity.

Seems to me killing power is a rather complicated mix of forces.

DF

Momentum = mv
Net force = ma

So force is equal to the time derivative of momentum, or in other words, the time rate of change of momentum.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.