Due to a hunting accident last December I'm now blind in my right eye. I'm right handed dominant as well. To those that had to switch to lefty halfway through their life, how did you do it? What guns did you buy? Any recommendations? Training exercises? What do you do with your rangefinder binoculars that only read in the right eye? So many questions.

I cast my Beneli M2 to lefty and added a bb halfway down the barrel as well as switched the safety. I shot a few times this summer and did ok but I'm struggling w doves now. Would an o/u work better?

All of my guns are right handed guns. Those will get passed down to the kids. Which rifles worked the best for you guys that had a similar experience as mine? I mainly shoot deer sized game and smaller but will be going back to Africa for buff and sable at some point. I'm looking for a couple of rifles from 22 to 300 and I'd rather buy once. I haven't shot my ar yet and only a few times with a centerfire. That was very awkward. Thanks for any input you might have.