Well. I had issues with the whole rig. I ordered it in April and they told me it would be complete by the end of May. So I went ahead and paid for it. Few weeks went by and I got an email stating that it would be the end of July due to supply issues. Then July came and went and around the 2nd week of august I received another email stating that it just went in for rigging. Then last week they called me to tell me it was ready for pickup. I don't know what part or parts they had trouble getting but I would wager that the outboard was one of them.

All that being said, I would have preferred Yamaha. I had a Yamaha 9.9 on a 1648 jon and a 70hp on a 17' alumacraft. Both 4 strokes. Those motors purred like kittens. Easy to start, smooth idle, and not much vibration. While the little tohatsu is fine for the money, it's no Yamaha. It's louder than I think it should be, more vibration in the tiller handle than I like, and not as easy to start.

But it's the only way I could get the boat customized the way I want with minimal wait; As they sell them as a package deal hull, motor, trailer) and only deal with tohatsu. I will probably upgrade the outboard later on. But for now, the tohatsu will be fine. Everyone seems to love them and they get great reviews.