Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Guys think Tikka is the best but their scope mounting BS is legendary. Add in the long actions and half ass spring to hold the plastic mag in...and you have a $750 rifle that should sell for $400

Let's see, for scope mounting you have a choice of numerous rings that fit the dovetail and the rings I am familar with have pin that fits in a hole in the dovetail so that in the event of improperly tightened rings the scope will still not move forward.
If you don't like that system the rail is drilled and tapped for aftermarket scope bases and rails, which opens up a near unlimited amount of ring choices. What more could you ask for?

Long action - big deal, the bolt throw is sized to the cartridge so that you are only moving the bolt rearward as much as necessary.

Magazine spring - I have had numerous Tikkas and have never had a magazine inadvertently come out and I have never had a problem inserting one. As far as the plastic magazine, they have worked fine for me, as far as failures of them I do not know of any personally and the only place it seems to occur is on the internet.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.