Before we get into that whole thing about scent reduction, and which Fart-Lok suit does the best, I thought I'd re-post my rant about Baking Soda.

It's cheap, it's easy. It does a really great job. It is by no means original; I found it in a magazine back in the mid-80's before all these fancy preparations and clothing started being merchandised.

Shamanic Baking Soda Method.

How effective is it? Without it, I can be busted at 70 yards upwind of my stand. Using the method, getting nailed due to scent is no longer a problem. I've shot a buck inside 5 yards with his sister standing closer than 2 feet.

To clear up misunderstandings from previous years' posts:

1) Don't worry. No salesman will call. I don't get a dime off this.
2) I don't purport that this method (or any method) makes you scent-free. All this does is lower your stink so it does not cause alarm to the deer.
3) I am using about 8lbs of sodium bicarb a year. Yes, I used to buy 50 lb bags, but that was just a cheap way to buy it. They'd last me several years.
4) Some of what you sprinkle on your clothes can be recovered and reused.
5) If you compare sodium bicarb to laundry detergent, this is a major savings. I use detergent very sparingly and only when things get really mucked up. When I do, I use All Free& Clear.

Since last year's post, I've had one major convert to the Shamanic Baking Soda Method. Our newest member of the Shamanic Dream Team, Remnar, decided to try it. After 10 years of trying other more expensive concoctions and eating tag soup. I helped him get his first deer last November.

Lastly: My advice is to give this a try and see how it goes. You may find you need to be more or less stringent in your regimen. Use my method as a starting place.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer