Swifty, I am not talking top loads from a special. I am talking minimal special loads in a magnum case such as 600 to 700 fps.

The advice is not limited to 41 mag/special. It is applicable to 38/357, 44 sp/44 mag, 45 colt/454/460, 32 S&W long/32 H&R/327 Federal.

Pistol loads are highly sensitive to air space behind the bullet. As long as that air space is held to the same as it would be in a special case, the brass is interchangeable.

Don't take my word for it. Search for the good Dr. Howell's advice on the matter.

Some of my bullets are seated fully below the end of the brass. Some might think they look funny, but the beauty is in the performance. The grand kids really appreciate having revolvers that recoil like a 22 mag to a 32 auto.

There are lots of great uses for ultralight handgun loads. One, they greatly broaden the use of a single weapon. Two, they are great training rounds for inexperienced and very young shooters. Three, they are wonderfully pleasant to shoot in the lightest of alloy frame revolvers.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.