Im back from my South African Bowhunting trip. I was fortunate to take 8 animals with a bow and most with my own homemade broadhead. Some have been asking to see the broadhead I designed. Here is a video of the 8 animals I took and that head.

This was just another business trip as I was doing field testing of several bowhunting Products I designed for my bowhunting company and for other bowhunting companies.

African animals are very durable. Shot placement is key. Several in our group of 10 did not come prepared and had some wounding losses.Some stopped bowhunting and took up rifles for the last few days to get it done. We ate plenty of the meat.. We had the liver from my wildebeest for breakfast one day. We ate the tenderloins for many meals all cooked over our open fire. Skinners and trackers got their share and the rest went to the locals. Nothing is wasted.

FYI, because of the blood and necropsy photos, Youtube will age restrict this video for some platforms.

Another adventure in the books.

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter

While bowhunting South Africa, I had the opportunity to use my thermal drone to help a fellow hunter find a warthog he arrowed but could not recover. He was hunting with a 400 grain total arrow weight and was using a 100 grain montec head. My total time searching was roughly a minute until I found the animal. Here is the video.

Lets the complaining begin. cry

Last edited by sharp_things; 09/12/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,