Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I can see why someone would have armor handy, & not trying to knock it if you do. Maybe I'm stupid , but if someone were wearing armor & I wanted to hurt them I'd shoot for the legs, pelvis or neck. All easy shots with a rifle. Wouldn't you agree?

That is a great theory.

In reality there are a whole lot of combat vets that are alive today because they wore armor and that armor saved them from death or serious injury. Also sometimes the chest plates do things like save you from major injuries when you start playing "Lets ram the shidt out of each other with our vehicles to get this party started!".

Speaking of vehicles. It is pretty easy to get shredded into hamburger if you are in an effective attack.

See a picture of my vehicle below.

It is very easy to get have your lungs deflated when they have chunks of flying metal rip them apart.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

People can choose to go without armor if they want, relying on "Hope" as their strategy, or they think they are so high speed that they will shoot every single opponent first that they encounter (often simultaneously, and at different ranges, elevations and angles) , and come through without a scratch, due to their obviously incredible skill sets.

Personally when in environments where the threat posture dictates a heightened response, I will take the added personal protection equipment.

Man, you live in a rough neighborhood! South side of Chicago on a friday or saturday night?