Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'm sort of doing the same thing, slimming down the number of hunting rifles (how many deer rifles does a fella need?), and replacing them with single shot target rifles at a rate of about two for one.

Gary, how many single shot target rifles does a fella need?

One or three for each discipline under ASSRA sanctions: offhand .22, benchrest .22, offhand centerfire .32-40, benchrest centerfire .32-40, benchrest quarterbore (.25 cal.), offhand/benchrest over .40 cal., offhand/benchrest military single shot. Then there's CBA (Cast Bullet Association) shooting: centerfire benchrest/offhand wherein gas checked bullets are allowed, versus plain base only in ASSRA shooting. Hey, you asked!!

Thank goodness you didn't mention single shot deer rifles of which there are a couple floating around here too.

By the time I'm done I'll still have a baker's dozen or so purpose built deer rifles, including a couple Savages, which will help greatly in reducing the pre-season angst over which one to take afield - but still enough to satisfy a loony's experimenting curiosity.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty