Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Redleg172
So I have a couple ARs, all in 5.56 and want to explore other calibers in the platform.

I absolutely want an off-the-shelf complete upper, not in to custom at this point.

I have a .30 caliber suppressor so want a suppressor friendly round of .30 or less.

Brass or ammo should be semi-available. Not interested in a bunch of fire forming or creating oddball cartridges.

AR (5.56) magazines would be a plus.

Should be suitable for home defense and medium game. Mostly within 100m, but 200-250m would be nice.

I know there are a lot of rounds released over the last ten years and I haven't really been paying attention but wonder what the gurus here recommend.

TIA

Anything bigger than 22 if you don't have neighbors.
A lot of calibers penetrate sheet rock. One consideration of several. More information needed to narrow down.
I would consider 9mm for home defense, but not white tail.
There's lots of options.
Grendel has harvested a lot of deer, but so have many others.

Crappy Hamper giving AR advice? LMAO laugh laugh laugh
Here's the sum total of Crappy's AR experience.
Crappy figures if he's watched a YouTube video he's qualified to give advice.

6/30/20 - (HC finds that an AR15 is too much for him to handle)
"I was told many moons ago that I shouldn't get an AR.
I was told that you can't put them in the mud and expect them to run like you can an AK.

Another did me the favor of letting me shoot his.
I'm plinking away, and after a magazine or two I'm wondering why my trigger finger is sore? That's never happened before.....
He told me that I must not be using it right.

Ok then, show me how it's done.

After seeing my trigger pulling technique was kosher, he said it's just something that I have to get used to.
I never got one to see if I could get used to trigger slap."

Hold into the trigger slap. laugh

NVhntrBiden,

Just like always, you can't speak the truth even if it was in your best interest.
Anybody who read my full post in the context of the original thread knows that I refered to the lousy AK trigger as opposed to the AR trigger. Anyone who ever shot them knows you are just a lying piece of work attempting to discredit those you obsess over. Get lost you mangy dog.