Originally Posted by TRnCO
OK, I gotta ask, how the hell did your buddy get that moose up on the roof of the car?

TRnCO;
Good afternoon sir, I hope the day is giving you the weather you need and you're well.

I am sorry that I can't recall how the two chaps loaded it, but it could well be some rope work like Sitka deer described. They were both skookum boys too and full of vinegar back then, so perhaps it was a bunch of just dragging it up place.

The ropes which held it in place are off in the photo, they roped it on with the windows down and then slid into the car through the open windows. That part I recall. Edit - apparently I recalled how the straps were installed incorrectly! Read on!! grin

The interesting part is I first saw that photo at our meat cutter's place back in the mid '80's, but he sold the place in about '88 as we started cutting our own game in '89 as I recall.

Anyways, I'd forgotten all about the details but was at buddy's place years later, perhaps a decade or so back and mentioned it. He of course exclaimed, "That was me and R who's moved to the Kootenays! Just a minute, I'll dig out the original for you!" and he did!

Sorry I can't be more help on the details, he's in the Yukon right now and I'll try to remember to ask him when I see him next time.

All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/19/21. Reason: more information has come to light!

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"