Dear Fellow fire members:

After a bone crushing victory in the GA-SC game (go Dawgs, woot woot!) last night I've been busy trying to move the ball forward. This weekend its rod building pretty much.

In various stages of completion:

1) 8 1/2' rod for throwing Senkos in gin clear New England water for smallmouths. Matches 2500c
2) 7' 30 lb class yellowtail rod for paddy hoppng in SoCal, also football yellowfins. Matches a tibbed 3/0 (112H) or Penn 535
3) 8'3" trigger rod for FL snook and tarpon. Not your grandpappy's popping rod. Matches 6500C
4) 9 1/2 pier rod for the spring cobia run in the Gulf (FL/MS/AL). Matches 7000C

On the hunting front sorting out what to take for a father daughter upland bird hunt in the Northeast Kingdom of VT in early Oct.

None of what I have is fancy, but on the fishing side it is fit-to-purpose, and in 10/10 operating condition even if (way) older. Reels are prolly hotrodded, many are 50 YO plus. On the hunting side, its ...well...practical.

Anyway, getting things ready.

Our deer season here in GA has already started (bow), but I'm waiting for cooler weather and the rut. Jus too much other stuff going on otherwise.

So if you are not going yer getting ready for something, I hope! What are you doing to move the ball forward this weekend?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough