It is a cheap Hogue Pillar Bedded stock which handles like a dream, no mods, just glass bedded the recoil lug. The bottom metal is standard Military 98 Mauser, no mods. The magazine is a Gibbs type Mauser conversion magazine from Numrich for a 30-06. I ordered several of these for 30-06 rifles and they sucked so had them in a junk box. When I had feeding problems on the first project, I tried it with the 450 Bushmaster and was shocked it worked so well. Feeds the 450 Bushmaster perfectly but sucks with the 30-06, go figure. Where the 30-06 case tapers it acts as a cartridge guide for the extractor to positively clip to the bolt face and guide the cartridge into the chamber. Wonky looking but it works. For some reason, this particular action would not feed smoothly as I would have liked and I used the Gibbs Magazine to solve the problem.Keep in mind though, most have solved the problem with simple mods to their stock follower and sometimes a little tweaking on the action. There is no reason you have to use a detachable magazine and not having to worry about loose mags is nice. The only thing you should have to buy for the conversion is the barrel. You should be able to make everything else there work.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/808870

The Rhineland Arms barrels use the Savage style locking nut which is super simple to headspace and tighten it up. I bought a No-Go 450 Bushmaster headspace gauge from PTG to do this with. I have used Rhineland Barrels on 7 different projects (different calibers) with excellent results.

Attached Images
450 2.jpg (32.5 KB, 246 downloads)
Last edited by FSJeeper; 09/19/21.