My opinion, your Thread of reference is simply too old to be useful as almost a decade ago! Things change and even then prominent message theme... Firms out of business and others no longer working on the Model 88!
The 88 trigger was an engineering compromise and from my own ancient readings, alterations were generally disdained. One matter to achieve that pinnacle-refined trigger pull. Another to maintain it and particularly against an engineering standard, likely for sustained safety, resulting in the less than ideal pull.
Another point, that the Model 88 itself as "collectible". You don't mention your chambering, but if other than perhaps .308 or .243 Win, possible additional value there. I just had a quick look and here's a Website purporting to chronicle several recent transactions.

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/winchester-88/price-historical-value/used/4

I know nothing about these valuation folk. But the point, don't devalue your rifle as compounding by $$$ invested to do so!

I have several of these neat rifles. Favorite, a 1968 vintage Carbine in .308. None of my several triggers either great or horrible.
My net, net suggestion, take yours out and shoot it! Likely better for you to adapt to it, than a lot of money gone, at least before "good assessment" of what you now have!
If/when your next Post, how about chambering & DOM info? smile
Just my take...
Best!
John

Last edited by iskra; 09/19/21.