Amalgamation seems to be the trend these days. Companies are absorbing more and more of their competitors, to the detriment of the consumer. Invariably, when these mergers occur, quality suffers and most of the formerly excellent products are replaced with MIC crap. This is obviously done with the intent of increasing revenue, which is the primary point of these mergers. Grossly overinflated salaries for upper management, crap for the consumer is their M.O.

As a small example, a few years ago, I went to Bass Pro in Grapevine because I was having a hard time finding flannel shirts for the winter. Bass Pro had many. I picked out 3 or 4 and took them home. I then discovered that the overall shirt length was too short and that the chest pockets were so small and narrow, they were useless. The flannels also shrank at least a full size when washed and the colors ran. The shirts were utter and complete crap, maybe suitable for use as rags, but not much more. I should have checked before I made the purchase; but, you guessed it, MIC! mad

The fact is that Bass Pro/Cabela's stocks aisles and aisles of MIC crap. Sure, you can occasionally find a firearm or the ammo you're looking for, and maybe a nice Abu Garcia and a decent pair of merino wool socks, but overall, the quality absolutely sucks. I don't know about you, but when I spend my hard won cash, I'm looking for quality, made in AMERICA products, not chinese crap that won't even last a season. I won't be patronizing them again unless I'm in serious need and there is no other choice. Small local shops always get the nod from me. I avoid big box stores like the plague. The only exception might be Grainger, but that's a different deal entirely.

Last edited by High_Noon; 09/22/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue