Anyone else experiencing this? I bought a nice new Savage Arms straight-bolt, the 'Impulse,' in .300 Win Mag. With the second round fired, the bolt would allow about 1/4 inch of rearward travel (just past the unlock position) and then freeze, solid. Couldn't reseat it; couldn't extract it. After the barrel cooled down (about 20 min) the round could be ejected with some muscle. Continuing, the bolt action was very rugged and 'sticky' even though I'd thoroughly lubed the bolt and chamber, having seen this issue when dry firing beforehand. This is NOT the action that Savage shows on their promo video! It appears as though the rounds are somehow getting stuck in the chamber after firing, and the bolt design isn't strong enough to yank the brass out. This is happening in spite of a thorough cleaning with a chamber brush (which didn't produce anything noteworthy). -In one similar case I was able to cycle the bolt just fine -- but the bolt had left the brass (unnoticed) in the chamber! Stuck. -Imagine the fun when I went to chamber another round. Anyway, any advice would be welcomed!

Last edited by 1OldLtCol; 09/26/21.