I’ve shot several deer with the discontinued 225 B/tips. Worked great.

One of the heaviest deer I’ve shot was 234#. It was a head on shot at about 125 yds. On its way to the buck, the bullet hit a 1 1/2” limb that I didn’t see in the waning light. It then hit the throat patch and traveled lengthwise down the spine, destroying 4 or 5 vertebra. Of course he dropped right there. He was blind in one eye and the game biologist said he was 7 or 8 years old. This was at a club that ran dogs religiously, two or three hunts a day, so that buck had found a way to avoid them. That afternoon I was hunting in a climbing stand watching a creek crossing and the dog hunt was about 2 miles away on the other end of the lease. It turned out that a guy walking to his stand about 1/4 mile away spooked the buck toward me.

Another buck of 225# a week or so later was hit broadside at 75 yds. He stumbled about 5 yds. That B/tip just missed the onside shoulder but broke the opposite shoulder on way out.

I still have some of those bullets but have have also had really good luck with the 225 Accubond, 225 and 250 Partitions the 250 Speer. I always try H4895 first and that has worked in a 700 Classic, a 700 Custom shop rifle and a Special Edition Stainless, fluted CDL.

I’ve had some buds accuse me of shooting pre-expanded bullets. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.