A note or 2 on our almost indespensible, and revered companions, our dogs...................

I sure don't intend to be a "Wet Blanket".....

and believe me , I KNOW what a complexity this can be, for those of us who consider an outdoor venture, adventure / misadventure lacking, .....in the abscence of all the good things about having our dogs along with us.

Much as I would like to, I won't be bringing Gracey the Queensland Heeler to this shindig......

Raton Whittington Center has got some fairly strict "Leash Laws".

I'll go on record ( hopefully not goin' to get to much flack over this).......they (NRAWC leash rules) make an awful lotta' sense. What with all the Deer, Elk, Bear, Coyote, and other assorted critters ranging / roaming right on the boundaries of the Human habitations and camping zones there.....they are basically in the same position as the Nat. Parks, .......and I reckon that a lot of the folks responsible for having to make this call on canine companions are Dog owners themselves.

I do have a plan though, and at 7 months out, we can toss this around a bit.......

I think we can probably find a fairly decent kennel / Vet facility that would be willing to play "Dog Motel" for a few days, and as long as our slobber generators are up to spec in terms of "Kennel Cough" vaccination (? What do you call that anyhoo, it's actually intra-nasal, ....no?)......well, that might be good for those of us with larger critters. Hell, we could see em' daily, and maybe even have a "Best Dog" pool.

Those with flyweight "Porta-dogs" are in tall cotton, I've seen quite a few there,........

I'll get in touch with the NRAWC, and explain / inquire / solicit their advise on this subject......

It was time to bring this up.

Lookin' foward to meetin' alla' you.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 09/01/07.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain