I've had a few F/A revolver model 83's. Personally I wouldn't have another one. They don't have a transfer bar. They suggest you put the hammer down on an empty chamber. So you take a 5 shot down to a 4 shot. I bought most of mine from Great Northern Guns back in the day. They quit carrying them because of the liability. When I was doing rotation up on the slope, I left my freedom arms gun (the first one I ever bought) in my dry bag. I hadn't paid that much attention to keeping an empty chamber under the hammer. The wife didn't like where I left the dry bag and went to move it but it was heavy, so she swung the bag and when it touched the floor the gun went off. To say she was pissed was an understatement. I went with a few more over time and from time to time, because I like the grip angle. But it just isn't worth it to me.

If I was going to get one of those caliber I'd go with a BFR. Much better gun IMHO and just as accurate. I'm not speaking from theory I've had 3 BFR's over the years. Nice guns.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain