The boys are tellin you the truths. In case you get any wild ideas about hunting the WMA's in peninsular Fl re-read what Dave said above. It is spot on times 10 for anywhere east and south of Tally.

I live in central Fl, everyone I know hunts in Ga, or Al. I see more bucks in a day on my lease in central Ga than I would generally see in a season on public land in central Fl.

The straw that broke the camels back for me came one day in the Green Swamp. I had gotten up at 0 dark hundred, driven to the check in station, checked in , driven halfway around the WMA on the trails, and hiked in over a mile to get away from most of the crowd. I had taken a stand, up on a cypress stump that overlooked 2 trails and a pond. I had been on stand about 30 minutes, and the dawn was getting to the point of good visibility, when I heard someone coming from the trail around the pond. The other side of the pond was close to 471 the road that runs through the Green Swamp and Richloam WMA's. Presently this yahoo came up. He of course did not bother with checking in at the station, and had just walked in from off of 471. He had a cigarette dangling from his mouth, a beer in his hand, a few more in his pockets, and was waving his shotgun around quite a bit. He was also making enough noise that any deer within a mile would have easily avoided his whereabouts. We talked for a minute before he went on. I got down from the stump and left.

The hunting on the peninsular WMA's is difficult, and hot, full of mosquito's, cotton mouths, rattlers, and idiots.

JMO, but hunt at your own risk.

GW