i got a turkey wednesday. pretty nice. 9 inch beard. not much for spurs. i left the beard, neck, head and neck feathers on it so mr bunny sherrif wouldn't hassle me for no proof of legallity. i thought it had a sorta skinny beard. when i cut it up for fryin' today i cut the beard off and could see why it was skinny. looks like one o' my 00 bucks cut about 1/3 o' the beard off about 1/2 inch from where it starts. we grilled some o' the trout over mesquite yesterday. put a piece o' pork shop bacon in em. mmmmmmmmmm good stuff. my boy is gonna smoke the rest this week. my buddy still has a tag and we're gonna go back up for a few days before the end of the season and see if we can't get another turkey. my youngest son got a really big ol' tom. big son of a gun. still can't believe all the deer. i'd recommend anyone to go catch some fish. caught one about 16 inches and a lot of em in the 12 -14 inch range. all holdovers from last year. pink meat. the cutthroats were real red. only caught a couple brookies. hit it 3 times tho and caught a lotta fish. you ever fry turkeys? i don't mean in a bucket o' grease. we like to take em, cut all off the meat off into strips a few inches long and an inch or so wide and maybe about that thick. bread it like a chicken and fry it up. man, it is good stuff.