Looks like 2 of our areas are burnt for the opener.

Buddies property I've been taking care of for archery privileges for 10 years. His nephew and friends want to rifle hunt it so they stumbled through last weekend 4 of them "scouting". Im sure any of the good bucks are long gone. They don't tolerate pressure well in this spot. I'm extremely picky about entry/exit and what winds to hunt it on.

Today my neighbor comes over and has a roll of posted signs in his hand. Been out hanging signs for 2 days. No wonder my cell cams have dried up. Says he has buddies coming in to build him a permanent stand this weekend. Wtf you had all summer??? I worked with this guy to plant corn in exchange for hunting permission and now this. Regardless of what he does on his place it will affect the deer movement on my place.

So much for hard work putting in plots, getting stands hung early and staying out of the woods to leave the deer alone.

Yes I'm complaining... maybe bitching.. yes it's their land and they can do as they wish and I'm a guest on theirs. I get it..And yes at least it's early things may calm down and get good for the rut.. just wanted to vent a little.

We will still be out there hunting somewhere. Hoping for some luck. Lots of stands up but didn't want to blow everything up opening weekend. Sure looks like that will be the case though.

Last edited by CBB; 09/30/21.

Hunt...