Originally Posted by prairiefire
Did your change in cameras include a new type of lens system? What a great photo! I have been watching the evolution of the mirrorless cameras and they look wonderful! I still use my canon 5D Mark 4 - maybe time to switch gears!

It did. Once I started shooting with the R6, I knew I was going to move everything over eventually so I went ahead and ripped off the band-aid and just sold back almost all of my old gear to Joel at CameraLand to help finance the switch. The only exception was my tried-and-true Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM (which works great with the Canon RF adapter).

So far, my only replacements are the RF 24-70mm f/2.8 L IS USM and RF 100mm f/2.8 L MACRO IS USM. For indoor group shots and landscapes, there's a good chance I'll be adding the RF 15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM when it comes in but I might just try the new RF 16mm f/2.8 prime first to see how I like it (and to avoid the overlap with my RF 24-70mm). After that, I could see a long zoom in the cards for wildlife/birds but the current RF 600/800 f11 IS STM options don't really have me all that interested. Until something stands out, I'll probably just add a Canon 1.4x or 2x Extender for my 70-200 to scratch the itch.

Our very own Duckster was the one that convinced me to go this route due to the new eye-tracking technology and I'm very glad he did. I keep very busy with work but, in the short time I've had this new system, it's made a world of difference with my keeper rate and allowed me to get some wonderful photos of my family and our dogs! Lots more to come and if I had to do it all over again, I would.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!