Local friend here, got a Fox Pro, and was using the turkey call to try and call in coyotes with it...

It attracted more bear and Cougars than coyotes.... of course the coyotes may have been staying out of the area due to the amount of bear and cougars
in the hills up behind his home.

I've had cats track me when I've been out hunting at altitude, seeing their foot prints in the snow, where they have followed me from my truck on a walk and back...
seeing their foot prints in my foot prints... yet cats are as silent as a shadow....

real cool story Nimrod and congrats on your catch..... I think we all loved the pic including your daughter making sausage......

We've got a coyote running around our neighborhood, the size of a German Shepard... I'd like to take that thing down...

about 1 AM last night, I heard it real close to my place, as I heard the moans of a small puppy it had evidently caught close by, out in its yard...

I'll go look for it this morning if they is anything left of the poor puppy.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez