There was an 11 year old thread on this topic, now orphaned. The fellow did a lot of work grinding and gluing the plastic magazine to get it to be lower profile and hold one round.

I'm wondering, from all the savage gun guys out there, is there a better way? Does the bottom metal on a savage 220 happen to be used on any other caliber of savage gun? I ask because I wonder if I could buy a metal, low profile savage rifle magazine and must bend the lips for feed and adjust the ramp and call it a day?

Looking for a low-profile single-shell magazine option.

It's actually a darned shame savage made these things the way they did. Had they made an internal magazine and zig-zagged the feed, they could have got the profile down. Instead, they made a very dumb, ugly, two round box external magazine? Who need a magazine for two rounds?

They could have even made a tubular internal magazine hidden in the stock and had a three round blind tube.

Anyway, enough with my rant, I appreciate any info a Savage fan could share about metal magazines that might fit the 220F bottom metal.