Originally Posted by gunzo
I just got very good mileage & service out of a set of Geolanders. Very mixed driving & not the best tire pressure or rotating maintenance. Would buy those again if my driving warranted.

I run those on my Frontier, and they're great in snow, and pretty good in rain, too, except when it's raining REALLY hard. I bought some in October about four years ago, and drove out to Missouri in November, when they got a bad, bad snowstorm for deer season. I never spun a tire even in the snow and ice. I had reason to drive to KC, and they worked well on the highway, I passed a LOT of cars, trucks and SUVs piloted by morons who didn't know how to drive in the snow and had spun out into the median (I-70). I didn't even have extra weight in the bed (2WD), but I never spun a tire and didn't feel a bit worried about traction.

We had a deluge situation a couple of weeks ago, coming home from visiting my ailing mother, when the bottom fell out of the sky, and it rained so hard that RainX and new wiper blades couldn't keep up with the rain, and the now older Yokohamas spun going UPhill on the water running down the road. That scared me a lot worse than the snow somewhat earlier. No tires could have done better, though, I think fish could have lived on that highway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.