Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by K_P
I recently acquired a Benelli SBE3. It's a lefty--a rare find in my neighborhood.

I'm a big guy and generally don't notice recoil all that much, but test-firing this new shotgun with 3" 1 3/8 ounce Winchester Blind Side loads was an exercise in recoil management! I'm not sure if the light shotgun, the ammunition, or a combination of the two made for a stouter recoil but it had me searching Google for ways to tame the kick a bit.

Any suggestions?

Yep, it’s called a Beretta A400 or Remington V3 or Versamax, Winchester SX4 etc. Basically and descent gas gun that fits you. For example, my Beretta 390 mitigates recoil better than the Benellis carried by some of my hunting buddies. The Remington, Winchester and Browning gas guns do the same. We have all noticed it.

IF Beretta gives a better fit, and IF wrong side ejection is not a distraction, the A300 Ultima with a Trulock SK2 and Winchester Drylok 1300fps are practically grab n go. Flip safety and shim in a few minutes.

Couple IFs there, but there's probably another scenario that works the same.

Agree on hyper shells. 1300fps is my limit before headache. I can't prove it helps to shoot the same fps for everything.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s