You guys that can hunt deer with your 99's are lucky. I can only dream of doing so. I'd like nothing better than to hunt deer with either of my 250's or 300 Savage 99's. Iowa DNR reg's during firearm season (other than muzzleloaders) is slug shotgun or a number of limited straight wall rifle calibers, no bottleneck's. I have used my Marlin 94 Cowboy lever gun in 44 Magnum. Will drop them, but range is limited. That part is ok as most of my ambush sites I hunt in are 40 yards or less. Having three 99's that could drop a deer, but not being able to hunt with them reminds me of my high school years. Going to school dances and wanting to be with one or two of the prettiest girls there, but they always had boy friends. "Oh the pain of it"!!!!!! At around the 50th class reunion we were sitting around talking about the old days, dances, dating, this and that. One of the girls I really liked asked me why I never asked her out. Told her I was to bashful to ask and figured she won't.. She advised she would have gone out with me. Advised her "Now ya tell me"!!!!!!!!!! grin grin