Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
I've seen split cases, separated cases, blown primers and set back bullets in AR platforms. Only time I ever saw any damage similar to this was from a slam fire / out of battery condition (not counting the pictures of the 300 BO fired in a 5.56 chambered rifle).

I'm trying to figure out how you can get a slam fire/out of battery when the firing pin can't reach the primer until the bolt rotates and locks into the lugs of the RE?

A bullet setback could cause the bolt to unlock and force the gas/pressure out the easiest route but an OOB firing is next to impossible unless the firing pin is out of spec or broken.

Slam fires have occurred but never resulting in a blown up AR like this.

Not trying to argue just simply going over facts trying to determine what happened.

You can try to figure it out all you want. Over the years, we've all probably had split cases. Never having it fu ck up the gun like this. Something was not right with the load or rifle. A lot of speculation on your end though.. The one sure thing you said is we all need to be very aware of the brass we pick up. Like I said, if its garbage brass, don't pick it up. I find all kinds of military crap brass and leave it lay. I've walked over tons of it. Check out some of the recent manufacture WW brass that they load for the military. Its garbage. The FC I picked up has scamp markings on it, but its commercial brass. Its much better than regular ol FC brass.

"You can try to figure it out all you want" I thought this was what forums were for?

"Something was not right with the load or rifle" Seriously?

"A lot of speculation on your end though.." Just the facts mam, just the facts. Yes it's mostly a guessing game but as I stated, in all the Ka-booms I've followed, the ammo was the culprit. The design prevents the gun from firing out of battery, yet it's always an answer that comes up and it needs to stop. This gun picked up and seated the cartridge in the chamber, fired after he pulled the trigger, went boom and the pressure went the wrong way. How am I speculating?