Originally Posted by ol_mike
Tinfoil hat comment ;

Is someone trying to get the snowflake tree-huggers all wound up enough to go all-in on closing/relisting wolves as endangered --> again ?

This administration would seemingly enjoy screwing over a bunch of ''gun-people'' .

I'd be willing to bet the ID Legislature and their F&G Dept are just tired of hearing from hunters and ranchers about the depredations the wolf numbers are having on livestock and big game. The folks here who have hunted wolves there mention repeatedly how tough it is to get even one wolf. "Hunting" as it has been so far is not keeping the numbers in check.

I doubt seriously there's any concerted effort to get the wolf lovers involved in a backhanded way. My impression, from when I lived up that way and from listening here is that the Idaho folks are tired of the wolves. Of course, ANYTHING they do to reduce numbers will be looked at with suspicion by the animal rights groups and they will appeal to USFWS to look at Idaho numbers again.

Just be glad there's no "Wild wolves and coyotes" Act like there is for horses and burros. The horse population in our area is well above the recommendation prescribed by law but gathering them up every year has very little effect other than to reduce the population a bit...............for the winter. Next year, another roundup.

Wolves will likely be the same thing soon enough. Reduce levels to a point where the hunts are cancelled, populations rebound, start all over again.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?