Lol…. I have a pretty good idea of what I’m getting into. A small community with less than 200 people that act more like extended family than they do neighbors. A beautiful marina where a years moorage costs the same as 2 months moorage down here. A new ferry and float plane dock as well as a burger joint at the marina. More deer and beer than people and decent fishing, crabbing and shrimping virtually year round. Peace and quiet, no cops and no sirens. Our property has city water, power and sewer with NO property tax and no BS building codes or permits. It’s one of the only places I’ve found where you get the comfort of modern living without the government being in your pocket. The weather is very similar to here but with more rain and a bit more snow…..no frigid temperatures like the interior.
Mostly I’m “getting into” FREEDOM and away from tyranny and that alone is worth the “trouble”. I’ll eventually get the opportunity to check off my bucket list hunts without paying tens of thousands of dollars. Any difficulties are quickly overshadowed by the benefits but the biggest benefit is getting our children out of here and into a life worth living. There’s no future down here for white, Christian conservatives.

I’ve always enjoyed your posts Mainer and they definitely didn’t dissuade me from making the move or question my sanity. Good luck to you this winter and I look forward to your future posts of your adventures. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~