I kept my Blue Cross family insurance from my working days covering both Cookie and myself. I simply view it as health insurance and see no reason to even link it's existence to any sort of "Medi" prefix.

Allowing these companies to adopt the "Medi" terminology introduced a ton of confusion around the fed's Medicare program and the advertising world takes full advantage of it. Doesn't help the confusion issue either to have variation in state to state oversight and regulation.

Did the cataract thing a year or two back, and at every step providers kicked out comments about how Medicare would take care of all. Not one entity, however, asked for my card or number. They sure hit Blue Cross/Shield up for serious bucks though, and I didn't see "Medi" anything mentioned anywhere.

Given my age and history of excellent health, I'm pretty sure I'd be a millionaire if I'd been able to bank/invest the bucks that went to Medicare.

Sadly, I know several peers that had to come out of what was a well balanced retirement when Obama fixed things.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/13/21.

1Minute