Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
I put one of the new Trijicon 3-18's on my main rifle (7mm Mashburn Super) and couldn't be happier. Amazing glass, adjustments are on point, illumination is real nice and the reticle is excellent for shooting.

Scotty, how much does that one weigh and is it a FFP or SFP scope? 3-18 is a great power range. Very versatile for sure. I imagine it would work great for the OP's 400+ yard requirement, as long as it tracks well.

I believe mine weighed 23 ounces on my scale BSA, without the battery in it. It is a FFP, easy to set up zero stop and dials like it has eyes so far.

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Originally Posted by shootsacreed
How far are you expecting to shoot? For thee average Joe a 3X9 SWFA is had to beat.

I'm in this camp ^

I have the SWFA but I prefer the Trijicon Credo 3-9. I like locking or capped turrets on a hunting rifle. Trijicon Mil-Square is comparable to the SWFA Mil-quad but it's illuminated and second focal plane. They are similar price points and in my opinion the SWFA and Trijicon Credo are the best at that price point.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/product-family/trijicon-credo-3-9x40-riflescope

That FFP Credo 2-10 looks danged nice as well. I may spring from one of them for my 300 RUM.

Love the SS 3x9 as well and just put my last one on a PRC, great scopes for my use, but they're getting tougher to grab these days. So far not many have found the Trijicon's, so they're available and a little less money than the NF 2.5x10 NXS's

Semper Fi