Originally Posted by MLC
There is also the problem when you break down some where. You don’t just pull in any shop for repairs. Big money at the Mercedes dealer and no telling how long to get repaired.

Best thing is these RVs built on the Mercedes chassis are pretty proven to be problem free.

But when they do break, it can be a lot more limiting than just finding a Mercedes dealer.

Many wouldn't consider working on a RV at all. Same goes with other brands and their matching car dealerships as well.

RV dealerships with strong service departments stay booked.
Just try finding a good RV shop with a good diesel mechanic along your average rural American hiway.

This past Spring while traveling west on I-40 we hit a chug hole and shattered a front wheel bearing. The interstate was rough as a cob, semi's were traveling the left hand lane to avoid the wasted more heavily traveled right lane.

Got off the next exit, dumped the bike off the RV and went shopping for parts while my travel partner tore down the right front.

I found a Autozone and a O'Reillys auto parts next door to each other, both had the bearing/hub assembly in stock for my Chevy 1 ton, Autozone had the best price.

By the time I got back to the RV it was ready for the install.
Total down time was between 3 to 4 hours.

That Chevy 1 ton is really common and Chevy hasn't changed much at all on it for a long time, I was paying close attention to be sure they gave me the correct part. That part number covered a huge spectrum of years for 1 ton Chevys.

Not so sure I'd have been as fortunate if I was driving a Mercedes.