I would expect ammo to be high right now. We have been in a shortage and it is deer season. People have plans to go out but no ammo. They will pay extra now. I tell people that when we get out of a shortage to buy a few years supplies of ammo or reloading. I have learned that there are shortages every few years. Depending on the person I will let them know it usually is when we have a democrat president. I try not to get caught unprepared. I brought an AR just two days before Sandy Hook. Luckily I did have a supply of .223 for prairie dogs.

I have two brothers that just got started hunting late in life. They started muzzleloader first. They the each got a center fire. One got a .270 and the other a 30.06. I use the 270 win, 270 WSM and the 300 WSM. I had picked up a 30.06 for a rebuilt but decided against it. So I got dies for the 30.06 but have not shot it yet. I told the one with the 270 that I have everything I need for him. The one with the 30.06 I should have everything I need. They had what they need for this fall hunt. But I will see to it that my brothers have what they need.