I'm sure as soon as I hit the "POST" button, the scheißvogel will descend on this thread and pepper it with "I told you so!"

The point of making this post is to say:
1) The Shamanic Baking Soda Method is not Infallible or sure-fire
2) It has limits
3) Results vary-- especially if you don't follow the process

Saturday was the KY Muzzleloader Opener. It rained all night and cleared out just before we went out to our blinds. The wind started gusting in the morning and it was going full-on for the afternoon. I had a chilly 5-10 mph wind down the back of my neck when I went out to the tower blind. None of us were really worried about shooting anything. For us, ML season is just a dry run for the big show in November. I'm the first to say that I wasn't really trying.

I have a bunch of details about how and why the Baking Soda Method failed here:
Muzzleloader Season, 2021

If you want to review the method, my article is here:
Shamanic Baking Soda Method

The bottom line is that due to the dropping temperatures and the rising wind, I did nothing from 10 AM when I came in until 4 PM when I went back out to reduce the stink. I left all my hunting duds on, I even added some untreated layers to deal with the cold wind. I ate my lunch in my hunting duds. I was around cigarette smokers. I wasn't serious about the baking soda thing, and I ended up seeing the result.

Someone is going to argue that the exceptions don't prove the rule. Look, all I know is that with 10 MPH winds blowing straight at my back, I would have kind of half-expected the deer to notice me at some point. However, I would have not expected them to wind me at 200 yards and run off. I've sat in that tower blind for 4 seasons, and done so with all manner of wind. I have been busted, but it has always been from things other than smell. Normally, they cue on my orange-clad head bobbing around as I shift to get a bead on them. As long as I don't move, even with unfavorable wind conditions, the scent level would be low enough for them to get within 50 yards or so before becoming aware. I've even had them walk up to the blind, walk around the tower and finally stand at the base of the ladder to catch me.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer