Originally Posted by TX35W
Even complete Remington bolts which won't have the cocking piece location issue are often around $300 if you need one in a hurry. As mentioned above there is a good chance a random bolt will headspace but also a decent chance you won't be able to get the safety on bc of how your trigger will interact with the firing pin/cocking piece; a gunsmith can fix that but you're just adding more money.

You'll often see altered/molested/non-collectible but complete pre-64s on Gunbroker for $800 and I bought one off a member here last year for about that price. You might end up spending around that just to get a bolt and get it working.

Yeah, its really a shame the op can't get the bolt from the family members he bought the rifle from. I've bought good pre 64's for less than $500.00, there's no way in hell I'm going to spend that much for a bolt and smith work to get it working sufficiently. I would have walked away from that deal, honestly...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA