Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by philthygeezer
Originally Posted by GuideGun
I'm not sure that slim forend of the hunters edge can sustain a large diameter barrel contour of the Alaskan. For a Magnum M70 stock I would be looking at the Echols Legend stock or a Brown Precision.

Thanks. I know that the Compact Edge fits on the standard contour Extreme Weather SS barrel. Assuming the Alaskan is the same diameter, but I could be wrong. Is it a heavier contour?

Description on the McMillan page link also says, "The slender forend will accept up to a factory magnum barrel contour or custom barrel similar to a #3 Douglas or smaller.".

I really like the Echols stock you recommend, but I don't think it's in the cards for me. Also, I know the Hunters Edge fits me really well.

I’d run it then. I like them a lot myself. If it says it’ll fit a 3 contour it should be enough.

Scotty, I'd figure you would be telling him to get an Echols legend. I also really like the hunters compact/compact edge stock, but its more at home with a fwt type barreled action sitting in it. One of the reasons being, the forend is quite a bit shorter, thus looks better with a shorter barreled rifle. AKA: more aesthetically pleasing.. Where the legend stock looks better and actually works better for a magnum rifle because of the ergo's. More of a parallel comb stock helps to mitigate recoil better. The OP actually asked about felt recoil. I'm with guidegun on his choices for a magnum rifle stock, those being the legend and the Brown Precision.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA