I have seen videos and conversation about Chris Reeve's knives in a variety of other places but can't recall ever seeing them mentioned here. I finally got my first one a few days ago....the Umnumzaan. This one is an S35VN version. I didn't check the "birthdate" on this one but I know their new production stuff is being made with S45VN now.

Out of the box, these things are tight and stiff. Simple design, easy to breakdown and maintain which is something I appreciate. I regularly carry my knives surf fishing and enjoy simple designs that are easy to disassemble and maintain. This knife has the largest pivot bushing and washers I have seen in any of my other folders (mostly Spyderco and Benchmade). Trying to get things to smooth up a little, I disassembled, removed the grease it comes lubed with and oiled everything with Blue Lube. That really made a difference and it seems to be smoothing out and breaking in a bit better now.

I am still fidgeting with it, trying to firm up my opinions on it. Anyone here ever messed with any of Chris Reeve's folders?

[Linked Image]