Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I think I can speak for many or most of us. Those of us who fought to defeat Communism feel deeply betrayed by those who today are voting for Communists.

I had a very good friend who served in Vietnam. Although I was in the Army many years ago, there was the Cold War in full progress, but no "hot" war at that time so no combat for me. My friend and I were both very disturbed about what was going on in our country. I do not ask combat vets what they did in combat but once, however, I asked my friend, "When you were fighting the communists in Vietnam, did it ever cross your mind you might have to fight them here someday?"

He said, "No, but it has crossed my mind lately."

That day will not come. He died this past February, from cancer. He thought it was Agent Orange related. I did ask him if he'd ever been sprayed with Agent Orange? He said, "No, but I've crawled through a helluva lot of it."

No kids, just his wife. After his death, I was talking with his wife and she was asking my advice on a couple of things. She said, "Would you like to see a picture of his medals?"

I said, "Of course." I knew he was in the Navy, and was badly wounded, therefore knew he'd have received the Purple Heart. I also knew he'd been a Navy SEAL with SEAL Team One, out of Coronado. I never asked about medals or rank as I did not think it my business. This is what she sent me. I'm sure you Navy and Marine members will recognize that medal just beside his Purple Heart. Another fine, brave, patriotic, warrior and my friend, gone.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)