Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Not nearly, he should fine tune his die setting so there is very minimal resistance when he chambers the round in his rifle. Then he will know he is perfect. Its real easy to adjust the die for that. Leave the die set further out, run the brass through the die, check to that chamber. If it does not chamber, run the die down just a bit further. This is what beretzs and I were talking about earlier about PFL sizing your brass. You wouldn't need those neck dies, if you learned this technique..

That's why I mentioned a headspace gauge. Also springback varies enough that for me I bump the shoulder back so all the shells chamber. Some will have a bit of resistance, others won't, but I know how much they are actually bumped with the gauge.

I used to exclusively PFLR my hunting ammo. Then I started using Redding Nk and Redding body dies. Now I mostly use LCD's and the body dies. I can sand the mandrels to get enough tension to hold the bullet in the case while in the mag, but "tune" the Nk tension. Sometimes changing Nk tension helps, sometimes it makes no diff with hunting rounds. Plus there is no lubing with the LCD's and it's easy and quick to size brass. The LCD's really are the easy button.

Last edited by alpinecrick; 10/19/21.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.