Originally Posted by skfullen
I had several. One in middle school - don't recall his name but he was a great man, taught history, and did right by kids. He loaned me lunch money when I forgot mine at home. He saw me outside the cafeteria and asked why I wasn't eating. I told him I had forgotten my lunch money, and without even flinching he pulled the money out of his pocket and gave it to me.
In HS, Mr West. He taught history and told us stories. He entertained the hell out of us and taught us at the same time. That's the way it's supposed to be done!
We thought he was ancient but he was probably about 55 at the time. He always wore a dark suit, white shirt and a pencil thin necktie. He looked like a skinny version of LBJ. This was the late 70's.

Then, there was Ms Dillard for English. The first divorcee I ever really knew. She was probably late 30s, and smoking hot. Her son was one year behind me in school. It was pretty uncommon to have a divorced teacher in those days.

We got a new kid in Ms. Dillard's class from somewhere up North. He was a class clown, and was always coaxing people to throw things from across the room, and he would catch them in his mouth. Peanuts, M&M's, you name it - that boy could catch it in his mouth! He was always interrupting class doing this s***!
Miss Dillard got tired of his shenanigans one day, and said from the front of the room, "here catch this!", and threw a piece of chalk toward him. Lo and behold he caught it in his mouth and swallowed it. It lodged in his throat and he started gasping for air and turning blue! A couple of us bigger guys grabbed him by his ankles, and no joke, hung him upside down and pounded his head on the floor until he coughed up the piece of chalk!
Mrs. Dillard was horrified, and told us that she would be fired if anybody knew what had happened. Nobody ever breathed a word about it!

What a great story. You should write that down