Originally Posted by Sniggly
Originally Posted by 79S
Well 42.0gr staBALL and 100gr hornady btsp avg velocity was 2789 not very good and accuracy was abysmal. Now same load with a 100gr partition shot a lot better but the barely 2800 is not for me. I tried same load with 95gr partitions it was nothing to write home about. I’m going to use the more traditional powders in the 243 the 4350’s

Another option is to run the first stage of a Satterlee ladder. Not only will it indicate how much velocity you can reach (so long as you are aware and monitor pressure signs), but it will also tell you where the node is. It is entirely possible to have a node 'under' your preferred velocity. Let the rifle speak its mind.

Beretz replied with what looks like a Satterlee ladder. My interpretation of that data puts his node somewhere between 45 and 46 grains, but, it is entirely possible that its just his style of recording load data.

Yes, I bastardized his process and try to cheat some with 1/2 grain increments. If I want to really refine it I'll go back with 2/10 charges to get in the spot. Usually 1/2 grain increments works fine with 308'ish sized cases and larger.

It looks like 42-43 is another node around the mid 2900's as well. Hard to believe you're over a 100 FPS less at 42.6 than I am.

Semper Fi