Originally Posted by TX35W
A fire wiped out their shop in California and they ended up relocating to Texas and having to completely rebuild. They are very busy now but if you call them you should be able to reach Mark.

The stocks are molded differently from all the other makers mentioned above; split into an upper and lower half rather than left and right halves. The recoil lug inlet is molded into the glass, rather than being milled out of epoxy, so they can use less material overall, but it means they need different molds for every inlet. Manners and McMillan can mold a stock, glue the left and right half together, fill it, and mill it for most any action.

Brown also made a long run of stocks for the Rem custom shop in which the inletting was milled out of epoxy rather than molded--not the same as the ones they sell commercially. Those are probably the stocks that people are finding cheap.

They don't require the same fillers, so for their size the Brown stocks are quite a bit lighter than all the others except Bansner. The Brown stocks I have have are 23 ounces with paint and a 1" decelerator; they'd be around 19 ounces with a 1/2" microcell type pad.

Once in a while you'll find a Manners or McMillan that light but they tend to vary a lot more in weight; even their lighter smaller stocks tend to be around 26-30 ounces with one inch pads. If I put the same the 1" pad on it, my Manners UC would be maybe an ounce lighter than my Brown stocks are (UC is 18.5 ounces with a 1/2in ultralight microcell pad), but it's a physically smaller and narrower stock than the Browns.

I like all of them, and to me Bansner is the best bang-for-buck, but there is a reason to use Brown as well.
im not sure if I misread but according to his site the action area is made out of epoxy which has been my experience. The site does say that some inlets are molded in. As to the how the mold lays possibly things have changed but the ones I have finished were all left right halve with the parting line down the middle. Not that it makes much difference. In my business I made literally thousands of molds and seems the logical way to lay the mold. Either way he makes a good product that has served me well