Originally Posted by Mac84
We’ve been wearing them for about three years now. Body worn cams have saved more cops than harmed. I have zero issues with them on the street when in contact with the public. They suck in that if it isn’t on camera it didn’t happen and sometimes lack context.

They do have the propensity to cause internal trouble as well. The model we use record non stop and the admin can randomly review any camera they want. If you get caught disparaging a thin skinned administrator, you will get jammed up. Thankfully i can retire anytime i want.

Fairly good summation here, though 'we' are only about a year in. The costs, storage in particular, and the admin time (I've delegate that to my Det. Sgt.) are things that most folks don't consider. My Sarge spends a solid 12-16 hours a week dealing with footage which, obviously, is taken away from investigations
Our Axons only will on!y 'capture ' the 45 seconds prior to activation (no audio), so that helps. As Mac says, admin can use them inappropriately, but that's not something I worry about..........despite the Chief being kinda an azzhole

Last edited by NH K9; 10/22/21.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�