I like the B&C reticle, myself. That reticle, along with the others Leupold makes that have similar subtension values will work pretty well with full-power 7mm-08 140gr loads at 2,800fps+. It may take a 220yd zero or so to get the 300/400yd bars to line up. It's really set up for something around a .475 BC doing about 2,900-2,950 to use a 200yd zero. Anything slightly slower or less slippery may need a zero of greater than 200yds or a slight reduction in magnification to make it work. It's just math.

If it were me, I'd really prefer the 2-10 version. The 300/400yd bars should would be "killing close" if left on 9 or 10x.

Edited to add that I like these reticles for big game hunting, when they fit the load I want to shoot and the conditions in which I hunt. They work pretty well for that role inside 500yds. In many other instances, you're possibly better off with an FFP reticle with MOA or MIL markings, as they can be applied to a wide variety of ballistic profiles by following your dope chart.

Last edited by JPro; 10/22/21.

Now with even more aplomb