Originally Posted by Model70Fan
I sure hope they come back down. I always liked higher quality and the idea of having a pre 64 featherweight .270 win. I eventually got one but no longer have it (traded). I have since settled on a Kimber Montana 7mm-08. I like it so far and it will see it’s first season this year.

Kimber is a good one. I like the smaller CRF action.

I picked up a used Classic in .308 a few years back. It wouldn't group under 1 1/2". Bore scope showed an area of tool marks 2" from the muzzle. I could feel the constriction with a tight patch, could have cut the barrel ahead of that area, but don't want a noisy, short barrel .308. Kimber was't too interested in my problem, said it was within their specs; not mine, not a .308. It's amazing how well this gun now shoots with a 23" stainless Broughton 5C barrel, like sub half inch. The slightly heavier, longer barrel improved handling and balance. I had gotten the gun cheap enough that I don't think I'm upside down regarding value.

Kimber accuracy can be hit and miss. Hopefully yours shoots better than mine did.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 10/27/21.