beretzs, We have loaded 140 TSX’s for our daughter’s 270. She’s taken some game with it, but is not a very sincere hunter! The 270 is all she wants in the recoil department! Except for my handgun and my 45-70.......Barnes’ bullets are the only bullet loaded for hunting in my reloading room! I have standards! 😁

Buttstock: I think I’ll take a “hard pass” on that! 😉

Windfall, She will shoot from standing and probably from off of the shooting sticks. Shooting from the bench will be her call!

Pullit, My wife’s rifle weighs-in at 9# even .....scoped, loaded, and slung. The rifle wears a Pachmyar Decelerator, she will be using a PAST Recoil Shield, and the rifle has been cut down for a proper fit for my wife. The young lady and my wife are of similar stature. So, the rifle should fit pretty well.....at least well enough to give her an idea if this is something she wants to pursue!

I don’t doubt the 7mag threshold......however, not all shooters are created equal. My wife shoots her rifle remarkably well....but, hates to shoot it from the bench. The bench is used only for proving the zero prior to big game hunting. The other shooting, though limited, is from field positions! I don’t think that it’s required to shoot hundreds of rounds/year to be proficient.....there are other rifles for that purpose!

memtb

Last edited by memtb; 10/27/21.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024