Update... Made it to the range tuesday with Dad and his BAR.

I don't have a bore sighter so I bagged it up and sighted down beside the barrel @ 25 yards. My rifle club has large berms I was confident about not missing it. First shot was dead on for elevation and 4" to the right. I kept the gun in the bags and ran windage over to the bullet hole. The next three were about 5/8" of an inch. This was still @ 25 yards. ( I did zero out the adjustments on the new to him scope before we started shooting .( Nikon 3x9x40) .
We then moved over to the 100/200 range and started tweaking on it. We had my handloads , some Norma 150grain "Whitetail" and some Federal(I think) Non-Typical 150 grain.
The Norma stuff shot about 3 1/2 "s in a diagonal pattern, The handloaded 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips shot just over an inch woohoo!!! Also had some handloaded 165 Nosler Ballistic tips, they shot about 1 1/2 inches. The Non-Typical shot just over an inch also. Dad was going to shoot another group with the Non-Typical stuff but I noticed some "material" fall out of the magazine area when I dropped the floor plate to reload it. Turns out the nylon recoil buffer was disentigrating (SP) .

We stopped the shoot and came to the house. I called Arts Gun shop in MO. and ordered a new buffer.

After that range session I feel confident we can keep it around an inch, which is minute of deer all day here. The forearm was " Good and snug" and I never moved it. I also marked it for future reference. Some tweaking on it may yield some better groups but at the ranges my Dad would shoot at a deer it is more than good enough according to him.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 11/03/21.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA