The only hitch with an after market barrel with a barrel nut is the timing of the barrel, which comes into play if you are shooting over 300 yards.

Every barrel has some offset in the direction the bore & barrel leave the rifle, so where the barrel stops spinning determines where that is pointing.
Generally you want it pointing up, if you are shooting under 300 pointing down is OK ….

IF it’s pointing sideways you can get left to right variations, this is often seen if your rifle shoots a bit to the left at one range, but as you shoot further it shoots more ot the side, different things like temps can make it worse but the point is you have added a sideways oscillation to the rifle while everything else is oscillating up and down…
When the bore is timed pointing up that change contributes or takes away from drop which is varying anyway…. But at least you don’t get sideways creep into the equation.
Given the threads are course compared to the one to two thousands of headspace you need to stick with, where ever the barrel stops when the headspace is right is what you get.

If you aren’t an accuracy nut you may never notice it, if you don’t shoot more than a couple hundred yards you probably will never notice it…
And lets face it, there are a great many people who don’t shoot enough to notice it in the first place.
I’m the sort of guy trying to shoot around a pebble at 400 yards to nail that peek-a-boo Pdog… so for me, I might notice it.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 11/04/21.